I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, September 13, 2012

~ Strength For The Battle ~

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."
2 Thessalonians 3:3 

I spent the last couple of months praying and preparing to share Christ with a group of ladies in Georgia. This was something out of my comfort zone but God truly impressed on my heart to follow his will and share his message. I got home Tuesday night thankful to have had that time and continuing to pray that I honored Christ in all I said. When I awoke yesterday morning, I immediately felt as though I had a huge target on myself.  You know those days when every negative thing comes your way and even believers are attacking you in some way.

It was a day of struggle as I felt the evilness in this world fighting against the the message of everything that Christ had laid on my heart. I was reminded in scripture as Paul wrote to the Thessalonians that the evil one is active against the work of Christ. He encourages them to stand firm in Christ and His message and that the Lord will protect us from the evil one.  What a comfort to know that God doesn't leave me alone to fight the battle.  My Lord is faithful! He will see me through every attack and every discouragement that comes my way. How do I survive these attacks? First, I pray for strength and help from God. Secondly, I study and memorize scripture to fill my heart and head for the battle. Lastly, I surround myself with those that will pray and encourage me to continue to share the message of Christ! 

So whether the target remains on me, my God will sustain me through the battle! HIS will be done!

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.  Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

Thessalonians 2:15-3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment