I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

~ What is the Answer? ~


"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.” 
Isaiah 40:8

We are definitely in an information age. It is unbelievable how much information is at our fingertips every day.  Whatever question happens to pop into your brain, you can find about a trillion answers in a matter of seconds just by "googling" it.  Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that all the information is correct, but you will get a plethora of answers to choose from.

Right now we are in the midst of a political election. Covering the TV commercials are political ads aimed at either bashing the other opponent or trying in some way to tell us why that person would be the best choice.  Facebook has turned into grand central for political sarcasm and mud-slinging as well. So, in all that "information", how do you come up with the best choice for candidate?

Well, in just a couple of months we will get to exercise our right to choose a man that will run our country. An opportunity to choose the leader of the free world. Wow! That's a big responsibility! Now, I am in no way writing this to be political. Oh my stars, that is definitely not my "cup of tea". But what is on my heart is the huge responsibility we have to turn to God as the source for our decision making. God's Word clearly tells us in this passage that things around us will wither and fade but HIS Word will stand forever! Hallelujah! 

When we find ourselves overloaded with information, how do we make sense of it all? Well, my friend, I can tell you how I make sense out of a senseless world.  I go to THE BOOK! Will God give us the answer to who we should vote for? Will God give us the answer to every question we put into the biblical google search engine? Not always exactly as we perceive as the answer, written in big bold letters. But what He will do is guide our hearts to make godly decisions. His Word will show us his heart on issues we face every day. The  greatest guidebook that will ever be,  his Word,  will be standing when all else around us fails.  His Word will provide peace and comfort to our troubled souls. His Word WILL stand forever! All we have to do is read and immerse ourselves in this precious Book!  Search His heart when questions loom over your mind. I love this passage in Jeremiah,

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13

It doesn't say we will find him when we take a glance. No, it says we will find him when we seek him with all our heart"! 

Today, when questions arise in any situation, whether it is personal, political or critical, remember that God's Word is the ONLY source that will stand forever. God promises us that when we seek him wholeheartedly, we WILL find him! He is waiting to give you guidance and direction in this trouble-filled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment