I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, September 30, 2012

~ A Reflection On God's Faithfulness ~


"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”
 Psalm 40:8

I went one last time this morning to my little outdoor chapel to spend some quiet time with my Lord. I sure will miss this outdoor sanctuary where I can be alone  with God in the beauty of his creation. It has become a special place to me that I can't really describe. Of course, wherever I am, God will always be so, in that comfort, anywhere I spend time with him will be a sanctuary for worship!

This morning my heart is so full of praise! It has been a wonderful week with my family. He truly has given me the best family and I am humbled every time I look at their sweet faces. A loving husband, who could not be more perfect for me, and three amazing children that bless my heart. I am blessed beyond measure!

As I sat in worship this morning, this was by no means my traditional Sunday morning worship at SHBC, but a place to reflect and give praise to God for his faithfulness and healing. I glanced at my journal one year ago today and I just have to give him ALL praise! He is the sustainer of my life. What was the cry of my heart one year ago is now the praise on my lips! I could not see where I would be today as I wrote in my journal on September 30, 2011, but looking back now, I see a woman who was walking in complete faith that God would see her through the challenges and struggles, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. And all glory to God, I am here to testify that GOD IS FAITHFUL!  He saw me through the most difficult time in my life only to strengthen my faith, grow my trust, increase my wisdom, and fall so deeply in love with him that I never want to be anywhere else but in his loving arms and his perfect will. Yes, I am living proof that God does what he says he will do! His timing is perfect and his plan never fails. Take those difficulties in your life and hold on to Jesus and his Word. Walk in complete faith and trust because he will carry you through!

Today, I will leave the mountains of Virginia and return to the coast of North Carolina ready to continue on the path that God has already started. Where exactly does it lead? I don't know! lol! I just know that as he reveals it to me I follow and where He continues to lead, I will go! In faith and trust I follow because I know His ways are perfect!

This passage of scripture is my testimony of waiting on The Lord. I hope and pray that wherever you are today, you can find hope that He will see you through!

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."
Psalm 40:1-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment