I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, September 17, 2012

~ The Choice Is Yours ~

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” 

Joshua 24:15

It's a beautiful Monday morning! Well, it's still dark outside right now, but I'm awake and in the Word so, Hallelujah!, it is a beautiful day!

I just love this passage in Joshua! What a bold leader! Here Joshua is making his final speech to the Israelite people and he urges them to always make the choice to serve God. They did have a choice. They could serve the gods of their ancestors or they could make the conscious choice to serve God, who had proven his love and faithfulness to them. But Joshua makes a bold statement right there at the end of verse 15. He proclaimed, "as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Today, we are given the same choice. We can serve the gods of today (ourselves, our jobs, our material possessions, our activities, etc.) or we can choose to boldly stand and serve our God! Our God, who has proven his faithfulness to us over and over again! Joshua set the example to the Israelite people by committing to follow God. What example will you set for your family and friends? Will you boldly stand and serve the Lord even when it is not the popular choice, or will you succumb to the pressure of this world and serve the gods of today?

This choice is tougher than you think. Everyday, the choice is ours. What will you do today?

As for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment