I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, September 7, 2012

~ Call, Pray, & Seek ~

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.” 
Jeremiah 29:12-14a

These verses follow a very popular passage of scripture. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This is a verse that you see and hear quite often.  It is a favorite of mine as I see the beautiful hope that I have in my God. But if you continue reading you will find this treasure that should not be missed. God had just promised his people that he had great plans for them. He had hope and a future for them!  What they needed to do was to seek him and pray with all their heart. He promised to listen and be found and to bring them out of their captivity. That was not a possibility that was a promise!

So many times, when we are suffering through troubles, we feel as though God doesn't care, that we have no way out. But God has not forgotten you. He may be preparing you for a new beginning with a new purpose just as he did for the people of Judah! His desire is not for you to be in captivity forever. His desire is for you to have a new beginning with him at the center of your life! A life full of purpose and hope! All you need to do is call, pray, seek, and be prepared to exit captivity!

Make a commitment today to seek him with ALL your heart and prepare for that abundant life with God front and center!

No comments:

Post a Comment