I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, May 26, 2012

- WARNING -

~ Saying “Yes” to God may take you out of your comfort zone, make you do things you didn’t plan on doing, walk new territory, stretch your faith, and…experience total peace and joy being in the center of HIS will! ~

It seems as though my blogging has been a little more spread out lately and for that I apologize.  We are in the homestretch of finishing up school for this year and that means utter craziness.  Finishing up projects, exams, lots of field trips, sports banquets, Celebration banquets, etc., etc., etc.  You know what I’m talking about! Whew! Just typing that made me take another deep breath! Lol!  But the end is near!  Only 4 school days left and the burden is getting lighter!  Our preschool finished up a week ago so I have been tying up loose ends in the office and enjoying some extra time in the Word since my kids are still in school.  Though things seem very busy, I wouldn’t trade a second of it!

Last year, as I was studying and searching God’s Word, I began to feel God tugging at my heart.  I shared with Matt that I felt as though God was preparing me for something that I didn’t quite know what it was.  Matt encouraged me to continue praying and seeking God’s will and in time he would reveal his plan for me.  Over the next month or so, I continued seeking his face and had such a sense of excitement that he was preparing me for something.  In March, me and two of my sisters attended a women’s conference in Greenville, SC.  It had been almost 10 years since I was able to go so I was very excited to attend with my sisters.  I spent a lot of that time in tears over the teachings that were shared by these great women of faith.  It seemed as though God was speaking through them the exact same things he was showing me in Scripture.  Yes, God had my full attention!

When I returned home, I couldn’t wait to get started on whatever road God had before me!  I was so excited!  Little did I know that 2 days later this road, or journey, would begin with health issues that would test my faith in ways like never before.

At first, I thought it would be just a bump in the road that didn’t affect my journey at all.  But over the next month it seemed that this was actually part of my journey.  I remember sitting outside one beautiful spring Sunday afternoon just praying and crying to the Lord.  “Lord, this isn’t supposed to be part of my journey.  Please fix this problem so I can move forward.”  Yes, honestly, that was part of my selfish prayer I am ashamed to admit.  As I sat there going through Scripture, there were several that leapt off the pages straight into my heart.  It was as if God was asking me, “Do you trust me?”

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God, 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
 I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10

“When you pass through the waters, 
I will be with you; 
and when you pass through the rivers, 
they will not sweep over you. 
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
Isaiah 43:2

“And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.”
Romans 5:2-5



In that moment of unknown, I said, “Yes” to God! “Yes God, I don’t know what lies before me but I trust you. Yes, God, I am surrendering this journey to you. Yes God, I will do whatever you ask of me.”

That was a defining moment in my life and I will never forget that day!  Over the next several months I will admit that it was hard to wake up and say, “yes” many mornings.  The road before me was very uncomfortable and at times I questioned if I heard God wrong.  Satan threw me lie upon lie.  It was a physical and spiritual battle like I had never experienced before.  But I am here to tell you that Satan is a liar! 

John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

God began showing me that this was part of what he had been preparing me for.  Though the journey was hard, I began experiencing his indescribable love and comfort in ways I never had.  My faith was stretched far beyond what was conceivable for me and I had to make many decisions that felt unnatural.  I stepped back from things in my life that I cherished for this time of physical healing but also a time of spiritual growth.  Saying, “yes” to God wasn’t always easy but oh so worth it!  This journey wasn’t what I expected but was what God had in store for me.  He brought me through the physical issues and strengthened my faith and love for him.  He has directed me and opened doors for me that I would never have expected to go through but it is all for his glory.  I am experiencing the peace in his center of his will and though times are not always easy, they are so full of joy because he is with me always!

I am excited where God is taking me!  The journey to this point was tough but you see it had to be to bring me to the point of utter surrender and reliance on him alone!  I experienced his full control in my life, defeating Satan and his lies, and shining his glory all around!  Is the journey over?  Definitely not, it is ongoing for me to see where he wants me to go and what he wants me to do.  I am here to tell you to follow HIM!  The journey may be scary at times and it may make you uncomfortable but from someone who has been there, surrender the journey to him and say, “Yes!”  You will experience more of him than you ever thought possible and there is beauty on the other side of the pain!  But sometimes you have to go through it to see what awaits!  I have so much joy in knowing that he is in control of my life!  The paths he is directing me now are different that what I would have expected but so exciting because it’s all about HIM!

I know I have written a lot today, but I wanted to share my experience so that if any of you are dealing with issues of saying, “yes” to God, you can see that it is worth it!  Persevere and have hope that God is so good!  He will show you, in time, what his perfect and glorious will is for you! 


“…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”


Blessings for an obedience-filled day!

Allison

1 comment:

  1. Aww, a cliff-hanger! I am look forward to seeing what God has in store for you. Can't you clue us in a little more?

    ReplyDelete