I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

~ Trust & Believe ~

I can hardly believe that it is November the 1st already. We can now say that Christmas is next month. Haha! In a lot of ways this year has flown by, but there are many days this year that felt like time was standing still. I don’t know if that makes any sense to you but in my mind (trust me, you don’t want to go there, lol!) it makes perfect sense. I’ve spent a lot of time this last week pondering over the year and I can definitely say that this has been a year I won’t forget. The year has been full of challenges and trials for me but ultimately it has been a year of great faith and trust in God.

I took a look back on the blog I wrote on New Year’s Day just 10 months ago. God had given me such a yearning to know him and seek him more in 2011 than ever before! I didn’t know what God had in store for me, but I did have confidence that he was in control. This is a portion of that blog……

(Happy New Year, by Allison Jordan 1-1-11)

Now as I begin 2011, I enter with such peace that what God has in store, I will trust and have faith! I want to seek my Father’s face even more! I want to grow so much more in love with him this year than ever before! That is why I don’t make “New Year’s Resolutions”. You see for me, every day is a new day to love and follow my Lord! I can wake up every day and have my goals and my plans set, but it is all about him. Every day I will wake up and commit that day to him and commit to do his will. I have to die to myself. I am an old wretched sinner, and daily I have to deny myself and allow the Holy Spirit to fill me to overflowing!

Luke 9:23 “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”

Oh the joy that comes from allowing God to rule your day! With Christ in our lives, every day is a fresh start and daily we need to deny ourselves, pick up our cross, and follow our Master! His ways are perfect and his mercies are new every day!

Lamentations 3:22-24 “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

One of the songs that I sing to my Lord is one that has become my anthem of prayer for 2011. May the words be a prayer to you Lord:

It's all about You, Jesus,

And all this is for You,

For Your glory and Your fame,

It's not about me

As if You should do things my way;

You alone are God and I surrender.. To Your will!

Abba Father, it really is all about YOU! I surrender every fiber of my being to you! May my life reflect the beauty that is you so that others may come to know you and your will be done!

I pray that 2011 is full of blessings for you and your families! We serve an AMAZING God and he loves you so much! No matter what this year holds, we can have faith that HE holds this year in his hands! He is in control! I can’t wait to see the blessings unfold and his glory revealed in every passing day!

What God was burning in me was a passion stronger than ever for him! And praise God the passion is in full flame! My God has taken me through some pretty incredible adventures in 2011. To be perfectly honest, some were not welcomed with open arms but what a time it was to experience the healing power of my Lord. You see, during the trial, God’s presence was such a constant source that I began to enjoy his glory in a new way. God has taken me from “in love” with him to a deeper more satisfying love with him than I ever fathomed before. He has carried me through the valleys and rejoiced with me on the mountaintops and his glory is all that shines! God’s Word has been my strength and his praise has been my song!

So, with two more months left of 2011, what do we do? Give God your all! Dear, precious, friends, I pray that you hear me out. Apart from God, we are nothing. Let me say it again…APART FROM GOD, WE ARE NOTHING! He is the very essence of our being and trusting and believing him to do exactly what he says in scripture is the first thing we need to grab hold of. Believing God in every area of life brings total peace, satisfaction, and a love that is indescribable. When the storms arise, and they will arise, we may not enjoy the storm, but we can learn to enjoy God’s beautiful presence in the midst of the storm. There is comfort there! He loves his children! Give him your trust and total belief in him! From someone that has been tested and tried in these areas this year, please know that he keeps his promises and he is worthy of all we have to offer and so much more!

Enter this season of thanksgiving with a renewed commitment to trust and believe. We have two more months in this year to offer all that we have to him. What better way to say “thank you” to the Giver of Life than you renew your heart to him. Just thinking about my Lord and the tender way he has upheld me this year brings tears of joy to my eyes and an overwhelming sense of comfort to my soul! My daddy has carried me through and will continue! My trust and faith is in him and I give him praise!

With a grateful heart,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment