I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, March 29, 2013

~ It is Finished ~


Today is “Good Friday”! We all look forward to this day because school is out, we are off work for the day, and it is the beginning of our 3-day weekend! But somehow today my mind isn’t about the “day off”. It’s solely about what my Jesus was going through on that Friday. I am reading through the gospels today and the account of my precious Savior’s death. His day began standing trial as crowds of people shouted, “Crucify him!” Those same people who, just a week before, welcomed him in shouting “Hosanna” are now turning their backs on him. After sustaining such a brutal beating, carried his cross up through the raging crowds and was nailed on top of Golgotha on display for all to see. Nails in his hands and feet, a crown of thorns thrust in his skull, bitter vinegar to his parched lips, his body draining of all his precious blood.
But while on that wretched cross his thoughts were of me! My sin he bore. He took my place on that cross. It should have been me hanging there, but he paid the penalty. As he spoke his last words that day on the cross. With arms outstretched, he said, “It is finished.” He paid in full my debt as he bowed his head and died. As they pierced his side with a spear the blood and water flowed signifying his earthly death for me. Because of his great sacrifice, I can approach my God and live eternally with him escaping the penalty of my sin. Hallelujah!
“Good Friday”? Indeed it is my dear friends! The day my Savior died for me and for you! As you go about your day, turn your thoughts toward Calvary. Think about what Jesus did for you that day! His blood, his sacrifice, all for your eternal life! A love like no other! His free gift to you!
In Humble Honor,
Allison

John 17:1-5
“Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.”

1 comment: