I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, September 23, 2012

~ Introducing "Ocean Blend" ~

So, here I sit on my front porch, reading the Word, drinking a cup of coffee, and watching the sun go down and all I can do is praise my Jesus for his magnificent presence all around me. He is at work and moving in mighty ways! Praise God!

For the last couple of months I have had the privilege to meet with some wonderful women on many different occasions for a time of prayer and encouragement over a cup of coffee. These are moments that I do not take lightly. Being a woman who says "yes" to God takes a lot of prayer and also encouragement in the Word so I count it high honor to pray over these precious women. I began to ask God how I could encourage more women. How could I take the healing and encouragement that He gave me in his Word to others? 

I praise Him for being so faithful in showing me scriptures to press on in this amazing walk with him. I praise him for understanding my heart to be an encouragement to other women in the daily struggles of being a wife, mother, employee, friend, and laborer for Christ.  I praise him for guiding my steps and giving me comfort to pursue the call on my life.

"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ"
Colossians 2:2 

With my Jesus as my guide, I am going to begin a monthly time of  encouragement, coffee, and prayer, called "Ocean Blend", with other women who desire the same.  Beginning in October, one Saturday morning a month, I ask women to join me for a time of encouragement in the scripture and prayer while enjoying a hot cup of coffee (or tea, hot chocolate, etc. lol). This is going to be an amazing time as we seek to be the women God called us to be. This will not be a gossip session, or a time to complain about our families and jobs. This is a time to encourage one another in our daily walk with Christ!

I am so excited to see what God is going to do through the ministry of "Ocean Blend"! I will be posting more details of our first time of fellowship soon but if you have any questions please contact me! I serve an INCREDIBLE God and all I do is for HIS glory alone!  Please be in prayer as I continue to seek His will that my life will be a reflection of his great love!

No comments:

Post a Comment