I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, September 6, 2012

~ Waiting ~


"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." 
Psalm 130:5

Wait......not a word many of us are comfortable with.  We are in a "right now" society. If we need a quick answer, we just "google" it. If we need to talk to someone, we text, call or email them right then. If we want something, we just break out the old credit card and buy it.

We have become very accustomed to getting things exactly when we want them.  But we've all heard the saying, "Good things come to those who wait." What I have come to learn in my 39 years of life (and not very easily I might add) is that the most precious of things that I have been given, I have had to wait on God for.  The times I spent praying and seeking his face as I waited for him to answer, were the most precious times and his answer was so worth the wait! It may not have always been exactly what I'd hoped it would be, but it sure was the absolute best thing for me. But,  only in complete trust in him could I see that!

So, today, as you wait on the Lord, read his Word, seek his face and spend that  time waiting in HIS glory! Beautiful hope we have in HIM!


No comments:

Post a Comment