I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

~ Moments That Take Our Breath Away ~



There are days when things are "normal" and nothing earth shattering happens either for good or bad, just business as usual. Then there are days when things are absolutely amazing and you bask in the wonderment of those blessings and think on them often. Then, of course, we have the days that cannot get over quick enough because everything seems to have fallen apart and you are ready to go to bed and start over again or even feel like a bad dream that you never want to relive.

This is just part of this life. We when live in a fallen world and are sinful creatures ourselves, we will be disappointed and we will also be the ones that cause disappointment. We will hope for the wonderful days and probably complain and belly-ache on the not-so-good days (yes, I'm talking about me here). But on this journey of life, I have also experienced those days where God takes a seemingly "normal" moment and puts His magnificent touch on it and turns it in to a moment you will never forget. In His divine providence He makes the mundane....a beautifully inspired moment that shines His glory and takes your breath away!

He is AMAZING God!

I experienced that last night as He took an, albeit, great moment studying the Word with my daughter and turned it into so much more than I could have fathomed. I sat there as we discussed what we studied and began to see the Spirit overtake her. She shared her heart with me and became overcome in His presence! The tears flowed and her tender heart toward Him was moved in a way I had never seen in her and she had never experienced before. O, hallelujah!

Those are the moments that take my breath away! Those are the God-moments that make all the "yuck" of the world go away! Those are the moments I lift my hands and my heart and say "Thank you" to Almighty God for reminding me that He is still on His throne, that He is still King of Kings and LORD of Lords, and that He is WORKING!

There truly is no greater joy than to see my children walk in truth. (3 John 1:4) This world is hard. This world is full of opportunities that can pull our children away from God. Satan revels in those opportunities and works hard at it. Growing up is hard enough but to have the temptations and disregard for God in this country that I see now makes it even harder on our young people.

I praise God for that moment! That moment that will be etched in my heart and mind for eternity and I pray that her heart, and the hearts of all three of my children, will be continually be softened toward God as they heed His ways and look to Him for guidance in their lives. I pray that they gear up for battle on a daily basis and stand strong in God's Word to fight off the enemy. But most importantly, I pray they will experience those divine moments from the Holy Spirit as He refreshes their soul and convicts their hearts to do His will!

Today, I praise my God for all that He is! I praise Him for those three blessings that belong to him! I praise Him for His work in their lives, and mine, and pray for many more to come!

It's ALL about HIM!

All praise and glory belong to HIM!

Amen and amen!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So delighted when I see signs of faith in my children...and I know our Father is pleased too!

    ReplyDelete