I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, September 28, 2012

~ A Quiet Spot With Jesus ~

I couldn't wait to get up this morning and go to a quiet spot here in the mountain to spend time with my Jesus! Three years ago when we were here, we discovered a little outdoor theatre with log benches and a little covered stage. But to me it was an outdoor chapel where I could imagine myself in solitude sitting at Jesus feet as He speaks to me, surrounded only by God's beautiful creation. It is nestled in thick trees with a little walking path to it. I remember the first time seeing it just imagining my quiet time here with God. So,  needless to say, when we arrived the other night, I couldn't wait to attend my little chapel.

On any given night at this wooded mountain resort, this would be a place of entertainment as people gather to enjoy a show, but today it was my place of worship. Attended only by me in the presence of my God!  Many times in scripture, Jesus,  after he ministered to others, left the multitudes of crowds and even his disciples and went to a place of solitude to pray. Mountains and gardens were places he frequented to just be still in the presence of his Father and seek his will.  Jesus set the example for us. He knew the importance of escaping the busyness of life to spend time alone with the Father. 

"After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone,"
Matthew 14:23

This morning, as I read through his Word, the scripture that kept coming to my heart was John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

So many times we miss the full and abundant life that God promises us because we are to busy to accept it.  We fall to the thief's schemes and put activities, people, work, ministries, and chores all before our time with God and never fully experience that full life in Christ.  I am totally speaking of myself here.  So many times, I put everything; family, ministry, work, etc.,  before my time with God that I missed my time with God. Were these things bad thing? Absolutely not! But when they come before my Heavenly Father, then I am missing out on his promise to me.  When I came to a place of full abandon and began to put things in the right priority, I realized that I had been falling deeper and deeper into the schemes of the devil by spending less time with Christ. What a slap in the face! That is exactly what Satan wants us to do. He wants us to spend less time with God so that we don't live that full, abundant life in Christ.  He is a liar, deceiver, and destroyer.

My life is committed to Christ! Experiencing each day as a new day to welcome his glory, spread his Word, and worship him fully! Now, that my friend, is a full and beautiful life! It is available to us all! But it's time to start putting things in the right priority. Time with the Father will never be time wasted. It is time that nourishes the soul and equips us to fulfill his purpose for our life! An amazing, abundant life in him!

Thank you, Father, for our sweet fellowship this morning! Time in your Word and and praising your name was is absolutely the BEST part of my day! Your presence is full of glory and nourishes my soul. In the beauty of your creation, I thank you for the magnificent splendor of an abundant life in YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment