I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, September 15, 2012

~ A Day in Your Courts ~

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere"
Psalm 84:10a

I'm sitting here on my front porch this morning enjoying the wonderful temperature, a cup of coffee, and my most treasured possession....the Word of God! My Saturday's usually consist of getting the house cleaned and laundry done and all the other chores that fall behind because of a busy week. But today I'm steering away from the norm. Thanks to my awesome husband for understanding my desire to grow in the Lord and spend time in his Word, today, I'm setting aside chores to do just that. The chores will still be done by my family and the world won't stop if they aren't done at the usual time or the usual way. Today I long to spend time with my Lord! 

After my own quiet moment with him this morning on my porch, I will join thousands of other women in Pennsylvania via simulcast. In the comfort of my own home I will join in worship with these women and listen intently as Beth Moore brings the Word of God!  What a blessing we have in technology! During a week when technology and the media show us all the wickedness of the world, today I will use technology to join other women around the world in hearing the Word of God! Hallelujah!

Oh precious Lord, what do you want me to grasp today? What part of your Word do I need to take hold of today to grow in you? There's no other place I want to be than at your feet soaking in your Word! It's all about you, my Abba Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment