I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

9-11-01....A Day We Will Never Forget

9-11-12,  Atlanta, Georgia, 4:00 p.m.

So here I sit at the busiest airport in the world on the day that marks the greatest tragedy in our country's history. I'm waiting to board a plane to go home and my mind goes back to that day 11 years ago. Where I was, the pain we all felt, our questions to our God. Walking through the airport today, you can definitely feel a sense of reverence even though the crowds are thick, it is eerily quiet. We waited in line 45 minutes to get checked through the extremely heightened security and bomb sniffing dogs but no one complained. Everyone has a sense of unity today. I watch as people walk by and many have concerned looks on their faces and others just go on as normal as possible...the new normal. 

My heart breaks for all the loss on that dreadful day. Not just loss of life, but also loss of security in a country that seemed to be invincible. So today, our country hurts a deep, deep wound that will live on for centuries.  We will relive it all and remember the fallen and honor the heroes. 

I'm grateful to still live in this great country! She's not perfect but she's ours! I praise my God that he is in control and it is through his Son's blood on Calvary that I am eternally free. Free from the hurt, free from the pain & sin, and free from eternity separated from my Savior! He paid it ALL! And today, I live my life to honor him and share with others that are hurting that it is available to them as well! 

Well, its time to board and I go with great faith and trust in the One who holds the world in his hands and I praise him only!

No comments:

Post a Comment