I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

~ Whatever Is Pleasing To You, Lord ~

It's been a few weeks since I have posted anything here on my blog and I realized that many scriptures and teachings that the Lord was showing me, I was posting on my Facebook status and not on here.  I decided this morning to post those here since many of you that read my blog are not on Facebook. These postings may be short as many are stemmed from my morning study time or things throughout my day that God has laid on my heart.  But these are all part of my "teachable moments" so I will share them here with you.
 
For several months, I have been so burdened by the lack of attention that goes into many of the books, movies, games, etc. that Chrisitans are allowing themselves to focus their thoughts on.  Things that are thought to be "just entertainment" but carry with them lasting results that, unfortunately, give Satan an open door to use for his own evil gain.

I woke up this morning with this verse going through my mind so loudly that I had to just sit and pray and focus on it for a while.

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
 (Philippians 4:8 NASB)


When we realize just how real Satan is and that he is a liar, then maybe we will realize that the things we put into our minds really does make a difference.  Ask God for discernment before reading that next book, watching that next movie or joining in that next "conversation".  The Holy Spirit will guide your heart where it needs to focus.  When we dwell on things that please our Lord then we stop Satan in his lies. When we put our attention on things that are "questionable" we give Satan an open door to plant lies.  Meditate daily on God's Word and fill your heart and mind with things that are holy and pleasing to God Almighty!

Blessings~

Allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment