I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Our Special Christmas Present 2006"




I sit here this morning just reveling in all the blessings around me and I am so humbled and amazed at my God! He is everything we need but he gives us so much more! I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend and love of my life, and 3 beautiful children that bring so much joy to our home and me!

For the past few days I have been reminiscing on a wonderful Christmas present that God surprised Matt and I with just 4 years ago today! That precious gift forever changed our marriage and our family and taught us to appreciate, so much more, every blessing God bestows on us. That Christmas surprise was our sweet, little Caleb!

Four years ago today, December 15, 2006, we received a phone call that we had a son! I will never forget the words on the other end of the phone from my adoption agency as she said, “I have a little boy for you.” With Matt working in Virginia at the time, we were just a couple of hours away from heading up the road to be with him. I rushed home and Matt and I together, me in Wilmington and him in Virginia, opened the email and saw, for the first time, our little Caleb! What an amazing moment! I remember looking at the picture of him with his hands on his hips thinking, “He will fit right in to our family!” Lol! We were actually still in shock, because just a day before, we thought we were going to adopt a girl. But our God has a beautiful way of changing our paths to line up with his! I printed all three pictures of our “little Christmas present” off the computer and put them right beside me on the drive to Virginia. I cried and prayed the whole 6 hours and just was amazed at my Lord! I spent that week with my family, almost in seclusion, just praising my God! Our family back home wasn’t aware of our gift yet, but we needed time to process all of what the Lord was doing.

I spent a majority of that week sitting by the creek behind the house Matt was renting praying and reading my Bible as God dug deep in my heart! My God is so good! The kids and I even took a 2-hour drive to our adoption agency, which is close to DC, and spent time with our family coordinator, who for over a year had just been a voice on the other end of the phone. This day, she became my prayer partner and laughed and cried with me as we spoke about our wonderful God and how everything happens in his time and his ways are perfect! Sweet fellowship!

When we came home for Christmas, we were able to share with our family what precious gift we had been given! Our focus was on bringing Caleb home! We spent the next 4½ months finalizing every detail to bring our son home!

On December 15, 2006, our family was changed! I was in love with this beautiful miracle from God that was waiting for us in a Chinese orphanage. No more to be known as Guang Yue Chuan, orphan, but forever as Caleb Yuechuan Jordan, our son and precious miracle of God!

To God be the Glory!

Allison

1 comment: