I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Longest Day of the Year

Well, today is the longest day of the year....summer solstice. The day when the sun stays up longer and nighttime is the shortest. It, of course, is also the first day of SUMMER!

That word invokes a lot of feelings in people. Haha! From happiness that school is out to dread when those electric bills of non-stop A/C start rolling in. Here in the southern NC area, these temps have already reached the 100 mark and the humidity has been so thick that just walking through it takes extra effort. Lol! But, this is summer in ILM and we get used to it.

As I'm sitting on my front porch this morning, I'm enjoying all the sounds of nature during my quiet time. The frogs singing the birds chirping and, of course, Louie panting at my feet. Ha! I see the raindrops drip off the house from the huge downpours we had throughout the night and I'm thankful they brought in the cooler temperature this morning!

As I rock in my rocking chair, I love to imagine my Jesus sitting beside me in the other and I just talk. I love to share my heart with him and tell him all about the day. It brings comfort to tell him my hurts and share with him my joys. I imagine him speaking to me and then through His Word, I sit in silence as I hear His voice in my spirit. I hear His promises from those beautiful pages of scripture. Promises of comfort, provision, grace and mercy. Promises that He will never leave me and of His incredible love. And it's in these moments that I could rock forever!! O, how I love my Jesus!

Today, I as I begin this longest day of the year, I lay it at His beautiful feet. I ask him to show me how to use this day for HIS glory. It really is all about him and His will for my life so, today, I will choose HIM!

What about YOU?

Let's go forward in HIS will and see amazing things happen! Happy summer to YOU!

"But make sure that you don’t get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God. The night is about over, dawn is about to break. Be up and awake to what God is doing! God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work he began when we first believed. We can’t afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight. Get out of bed and get dressed! Don’t loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about!"
Romans 13:11-14 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment