I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Eve!


One of my absolute favorite days of the year has begun! The day before thanksgiving may not sound like anything significant to you but for me, it is a day at home with my amazing husband and awesome kiddos, cooking all day, preparing for a celebration of thanksgiving with all our family. This morning I got out of bed and tiptoed downstairs for a special rendezvous with my Jesus and had to maneuver around children sleeping in the living room. Yes, Callie and Caleb decided to have a camp out downstairs last night and watch movies together. So, I quietly tiptoed past them and took my place off the kitchen where I could spend some quiet time reading my love letter from my Lord and telling him all the things he is to me.
O, there is nothing quite like being in the presence of Jesus! When I open this precious book, I read his promises to me and know exactly how he feels about me....his daughter. As I bow my head in honor before him and share out of a heart of thanksgiving for all he is to me, the tears flow. Not tears of sadness, but tears of joy because he is so good to me. Even through trials and dark days, my God is so good to me. He has carried me through some dark days this year but he has also celebrated with me on many mountaintops. Life is hard, but God is good! No matter what the circumstance, my God has been right there. At. All. Times!
In just a few minutes, I will be in the kitchen cooking breakfast, preparing my station for a day of cooking, and getting ready to welcome a couple extra kiddos for the day. I will play my Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie as I cook and I will enjoy the lights of my Christmas tree as I prepare our thanksgiving feast. (If you're wondering, it is possible to celebrate and honor the thanksgiving holiday even with Christmas decorations up. ) It will be a day to praise God with a truly thankful heart for the many blessings he has bestowed on us this year.
Thanksgiving..thankfulness..not just a day but truly an attitude that we should take on. Gratitude..to my God..for his blessings..for his goodness..for his faithfulness..for his love..for his provision..for his grace..for his mercy..for his protection..for his Word..for salvation.
Abba Father, I love YOU and I thank YOU!
"I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Psalms 9:1-2 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment