I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A New School Year!


Well, it has been a great day all around! SHCA had the most amazing first day, my kiddos began the first day of homeschooling for the year and our first science co-op was soooo much fun!

For those of you wondering how in the world we homeschool when I work part time (well it's supposed to be part time. Haha!) I thought I would give you a little glimpse into our untraditional schooling.

This is our second full year of homeschooling and though we hadn't actually planned to do it this long, we loved it so much that we continue! Homeschooling looks different for each family and this is ours!

This year Caleb is homeschooling full-time in 5th grade, Callie chose to do full-time homeschool this year and is in 8th grade and Ben is part-time homeschool and doing part-time at WCA to finish out his senior year. The kids do so good getting their work done together and I love the extra time in the afternoon learning with them. Life skills have been a wonderful asset to our homeschool and we love the flexibility! We are really settling into the homeschool groove and praying for God to continue guiding us in this calling.

Callie and Caleb will attend a science and PE co op every other week that Caleb & I joined last year and today was our first time. Callie was a little nervous going in because it is new for her but she LOVED it and is so excited to be making some new friends. Our group grew this year and we love having it at our sweet friends' farm, which is right down the road from our house. What sweet time with other homeschooling families!

We are by no means traditional but this works for us! I love the opportunity to homeschool my children and spend this time of their lives with them. No, I don't have it all together and doubt myself many days BUT this is what God has called us to and He continues to prove so faithful in giving us exactly what we need. We will move forward in this 2014-2015 school year knowing there will be bumps along the way but we will rejoice in all things and trust God to carry us through. We are all learning together! We covet your prayers this year as we press on for God's glory!

My heart is encouraged tonight as we had a great beginning! I love this precious family of mine! Thank you, Lord, for each and every one of them!

Here are a few pictures of our first day!













No comments:

Post a Comment