I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Day Between Crucifixion and Resurrection


I was up early this morning. It was early for a Saturday when I could have been sleeping and believe me, I didn't intend to get up that early. Lol! But the Holy Spirit has a way of nudging me out of the bed when there is something I need to see in scripture or prayers that need to be lifted.

This morning I sat there in my kitchen with the rain coming down outside. It was dark and I had just the kitchen light on because I didn't want to wake the rest of the family. My loyal dog, Louie, of course was at my feet as he follows me from room to room. I sat at the kitchen table that is usually occupied by our sweet family during mealtimes. It's usually covered with food as lots of talk and laughter are going on. Sometimes it's covered with schoolbooks as the kids will spread out to work on academics. But this morning it was empty other than my opened Bible and my cup of coffee, oh and Caleb's soccer cup half-full of orange crush soda he apparently left from last night. Ha!

This morning it was quiet and I just soaked in His Word! I sat in the silence to just be still before HIM...my Father! I'm thankful the Holy Spirit disturbed my sleep this morning because reading through the gospels after they rolled the stone in front of the tomb had my mind thinking of the next day. How were they coping on that Sabbath? They just buried their King. Guards secured the location and nothing could be done until the Sabbath was over. Mary Magdalene couldn't even buy her spices to prepare her King's body until Sabbath was over. So what was going on in their hearts and minds that day?

Well, I can only imagine because scripture is silent here. Were they still in shock from the prior events that unfolded? They just saw Jesus stand trial unjustly and be horribly crucified before their eyes. They saw his lifeless body placed in a tomb. Their grief and sadness were probably overwhelming and I'm sure there was fear and uncertainty. Were they overcome with emotion because it was their sin that put him there? Did they realize the depth of love that was crucified for them?

I sit and ponder....

Jesus had told them what would happen! Jesus had been preparing them, before His death, of what would be to come. Grief and sadness, questions and pain could not last long because Sunday came! Hope arose and death was defeated! Jesus came forth...JUST AS HE SAID! Hallelujah!!

“Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and deliver Him to the Gentiles; and they will mock Him, and scourge Him, and spit on Him, and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”
Mark 10:33-34 (NKJV)

Today, as we prepare to celebrate the events that DID take place on that glorious resurrection day, my heart is filled with so much gratitude to my Savior. He did ALL of that for ME! He did it ALL for YOU! He conquered death and the grave and paid the ultimate sacrifice for MY sin...for YOUR sin. He marked it PAID IN FULL!

"Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said."
1 Corinthians 15:3b-4 (NLT)

Read the story today! Read it for yourselves! Read the gospels account in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John! The greatest love story of all time is recorded right there in those beautiful pages of scripture. The greatest sacrifice that could ever be made but also the greatest outcome that no Hollywood movie could ever grasp on the big screen. It's the love story of a Savior to YOU! Prepare today!

Read it...grasp it...accept it...celebrate it...and go forth in the will of the Father!

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
John 14:1-4 (NIV)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. "
John 14:6 (NIV)




No comments:

Post a Comment