I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, July 29, 2013

~ Counting My Blessings Today ~


Well, I'm back home from taking my hubby to the airport. After 21 1/2 years of marriage and LOTS of business travel, you would think this would get easier but it doesn't. So, I sit here this morning on my porch focusing on God's incredible blessings and reading His Word for comfort.

O, how my Lord always delivers!

"You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."
Psalm 118:28-29 (NKJV)

I go forward into this day praising God for so many things:

I praise God for Matt...my amazing, hard-working husband, best friend, and love of my life!

I praise God for our marriage and the incredible blessing it is to us!

I praise God for Matt's job that provides a house, clothes on our backs, and food on our table.

I praise God for three beautiful children that call me "mom"!

I praise God for a home that is filled with love and laughter.

I praise God for this overweight Golden Retriever laying on my feet right now, even in this summer humidity, because he is faithful and sweet!

I praise God for the chores that await me inside, because this home is definitely "lived in".

I praise God for this cup of coffee in my hand because....well, you know!

I praise God for the hard days because they remind me that I'm nothing without Christ.

I praise God for the good days because all glory and honor are HIS and I am STILL nothing without Christ!

I praise God not just for the breaths I take but also for all the precious moments that take my breath away!

I praise God for these times of stillness when I hear His voice so loudly in my spirit.

I praise God for His Word that is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

I praise God for THIS moment because my heart is full of His comfort and love!

Today, I move forward in the confidence of God's Word and a heart of gratitude for ALL He is to me.

Blessings abound and I will count them all today!

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment