I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tired But Blessed!

There are some days when I'm totally exhausted (ok, there are MANY days, Ha!). Work in the mornings, homeschool in the afternoon, laundry, meals, etc, with a husband who is out of town (and sometimes the country) quite frequently.  There are plenty of moments when I feel like I'm failing miserably at everything and wonder what God was thinking when He called ME to these tasks (yes, that has come out of my mouth). But the reality is that it's not up to me to question what God has called me to but to humbly seek His throne for guidance and direction for the tasks at hand. This is my season of life and I'm grateful for it! No, it doesn't all make sense to me and I don't have it all figured out. He has placed these opportunities before me and in obedience, I follow. Opportunities of directing an amazing preschool full of incredible children AND homeschooling the absolute BEST 3 children in the world who so happen to also call me "mom". The work is hard and I feel very inadequate most days. But God, in His very gracious way, provides such sweet moments of encouragement along the journey to remind me of his faithfulness. Sweet moments such as these today:

Sweet moments of preschool parents beaming at their child's creations as they walk through the school Art Fair. Sweet moments of staff jumping in for each other to get the job done. Sweet moments of my son telling me I'm his favorite teacher and he loves doing school with me even through my fear that I don't know what I'm doing. Sweet moments of walking in my daughter's room to find about 100 verses of scripture taped all over her walls and her Bible opened for study after praying that my children understand how important the Word of God is. Sweet moments of coming home to find my teenage son had tutored his little brother through his English work, finished his own school work, and gotten both his siblings to where they needed to be without my prompting after praying that he, on the brink of graduation, will be ready for more independence and leadership. Sweet reminders from my hubby, through text messages, of his love for me when he is out of town.

You see, these are just a few of the sweet reminders God gave me today! Even later as I was rehearsing a song for an event Saturday morning, God used the words of this song that I was going to minister with to actually minister to me right where I was. That is the greatness of my God! Here are the lyrics:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are all reminders that He is there, always, and He loves me. It may be more than I can handle but in my weakness, His strength is where I shall dwell. When I fall on my face (and trust me there are plenty of those times), He will pick me up, gently brush me off, and get me going again. And in those times, He will sweetly remind me of His calling on my life....in this season....for HIS purpose...to honor and glorify HIM through it ALL. He doesn't call the equipped, but he does equip the called and for that I am eternally grateful!  O, precious grace!

Today, I'm tired. Lol! But even more so....I am thankful and I am blessed! Hallelujah!

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalms 51:10 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment