I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Bible Study ~ Daniel


In preparation of my upcoming summer Bible study on Daniel, I began reading this precious book this morning. Oh, how the anticipation is growing! I can feel the Spirit moving already and preparing my heart for all the He has in store!

Bible study for me is not just about gaining knowledge. Anybody can read and have knowledge. Satan, himself, even knows what the Bible says. Bible study for me is about coming before God open and fully surrendered, receiving His Word into my soul as it penetrates and moves, and then taking the life-changing impact it has and moving forward in obedience to God and sharing it with the world! It is THAT important!

Just reading through the first couple of chapters, I see Daniel's resolve to be obedient to God in the midst of such an ungodly culture. He was a man of deep devotion to God and a man of integrity. He was a man that recognized the sovereignty of God and placed his security in that sovereignty. I cannot wait to go further, to dig deeper in the Word. We are in such ungodly times and we are going to make decisions that can either glorify God or grieve His heart.

I want to be a woman that is resolved in her obedience to Christ. I want to be a woman so in tune to the heart of God that my heart beats in sync with His. I want to be a woman that sees the world through the eyes of Christ so that I can love and minister. I want to be a woman of integrity. I want to be a woman that places her security in the sovereignty of God!

Oh, what a journey this is going to be!

Ladies, there is still room in this study if you want to join me. Praying this morning, I know there are a few of you that are "on the fence" about joining and maybe just need that little nudge of encouragement to commit. Please know that you have been prayed for today. Say "yes" to God and join me for a life-changing time in God's Word! Contact me for directions!!!

"Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power. He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light. I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you and revealed to us what the king demanded.”
Daniel 2:20-23 (NLT)

2 comments: