I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, April 6, 2013

~ BIG NEWS ~

Wow! Next month I will be turning 40! I know, for most people, that may sound like a death sentence, but for me, I'm actually excited. Yes, it's true!  The BIG 40!!!

Today, The Lord brought to my heart a real desire to help a dear family as they are in the "paper-pregnancy" phase of bringing home a sibling set of 7 children from the Philippines. You saw that correctly.....S E V E N!! Now this is already in addition to their 3 biological children and 3 other adopted children. This family is truly an inspiration to me and our family. They love The Lord and are committed to being obedient to God in bringing home these precious children. Of course, the cost is extremely high, as we know personally. The cost of adopting a child is astronomical and when you multiply that by 7 children it is overwhelming. But the beauty and blessing of obedience in adopting a child far outweighs any cost because with God ALL things are possible! 

Here's the 40-40-40 plan:

What God has laid on my heart is to begin tonight and continue over the next 40 days, till my 40th birthday, to raise money to help this precious  family.  I am asking for those of you that know me, love me or even just like me a little (haha!) prayerfully consider making a $40 donation, in honor of my 40th birthday, to the Bestul family. My goal is to get AT LEAST 40 people to donate that $40. 

40 days....... 40 people ......... $40 

I know that $40 is a huge commitment and maybe even to someone you don't know, but please know that this is money to bring hope to the lives of 7 children who have already been through more in their short lives than we may ever have to deal with. I know tis family. They love Jesus, they love His Word, and they love the orphans! 

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27 (NIV)


Ok, so here's how you can donate:

Checks can be made out directly to:
"Christian Adoption Services"

Please write their names in the memo field to ensure it is applied towards their adoption: "Dustin & Andrea Bestul's Adoption"

Mail to:
Christian Adoption Services

Their phone number is: 704-847-0038

ONLINE DONATION INFO: Christian Adoption Services Website for Donations

http://christianadopt.org

and selecting DONATE NOW

Please write "Dustin and Andrea Bestul's Adoption" in the purpose box to make sure the funds are credited towards their adoption.

All donations are tax-deductible! 

If you donate that way please message me and let me know so I can keep up with all the generous donors and send a sweet "Thank You". 

Thank you so much for prayerfully considering this huge endeavor God has called me to! I am confident that we can see at least 40 people donate and maybe even more! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

Lastly, here is the link to the Bestul Family blog. Please take some time and get to know this amazing family and I know you will love them just as much as we do! 




Thanks for making my 40th birthday the BEST ever! All for the glory of God! 
(And please feel free to share this as well!)

Blessings for bringing home the orphans~

Allison 

1 comment:

  1. Allison, Thank you so much for your generosity. You have a beautiful heart, and I am honored that you would choose to bless our family in this way with your special birthday. I am so grateful to each and every person who has already donated to help bring our children home. When we started this adoption process, we had no idea how we would come up with the funding, but we knew that if it was God's will, He would provide. Thank you for being an instrument of His provision! Thank you for helping us bring 7 orphans home! We pray that God will multiply those funds, and abundantly bless each person that contributes. Thank you! Words cannot express the magnitude of our gratitude for your help in bringing home our children. May God bless you! -The Bestul Family "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

    ReplyDelete