I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Adventure through the streets of San Antonio!

I set off on an adventure today through the streets of San Antonio! It was a journey to see the sights and enjoy some new surroundings! I met a lot of great people! I love to talk with people and, hopefully, shine the light of Jesus. Today I was blessed by a sweet girl who just moved here from Michigan learning her way around and I met a wonderful San Antonio police officer who was kind enough to chat for a bit and then stop all traffic for me to cross the busy street.

But then my journey brought me to this cathedral. Absolutely beautiful! So many people coming in and stopping for a time of prayer. I took a seat and spent some time in prayer as well, thanking God for the freedom to enter this place and openly pray & worship Him. Then I opened my Bible and read this passage of scripture in John as Jesus was speaking to his disciples right before his arrest. He was teaching them and preparing them for what was to come. Those words jumped off those blessed pages today! Everywhere we turn there is trouble and chaos. A world turning further away from God. Here in this passage, Jesus reminded them of the troubles to come but that He would be with them just as He is with us! He is our peace! In a world that has lost its way, I am reminded of the ONLY way and it is JESUS! Victory is His! All hope...all confidence is in HIM!

“Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:31-33 (NIV)


Thank you, precious Jesus! Oh, how I love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment