I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Turbulent Times

I think there is only one word that can describe the last few weeks….TURBULENT! lol! Let me recap. In the last few weeks, the kids started school, I started back full swing into work, we had a couple of tornados blow through town, experienced an earthquake, and went through a hurricane. Whew! I am tired just from typing it all out! Just the start of school is crazy enough trying to get everyone back on a normal routine but throw some turbulent weather in the form of tornados, earthquakes, and hurricanes into the mix and it tends to shake things up a bit (literally! Haha!). Well, needless to say we are all doing good and ready for things to get back to normal, whatever that may be.

Looking back on these last few weeks, I just have to give praise to God for seeing us through! There are times we question what is God’s plan through it all, but I know that I know that he has the whole world in his hands! We are definitely in uncertain times but our God is faithful and his promises are right there in his Word for us to dwell on. Last weekend during the hurricane we had some time as a family to share from God’s Word together. Callie prepared a little service for us and even wrote out sermon notes with 5 blanks (she takes good notes during church from Pastor Phil), she had Caleb read Psalm 23 and we all shared some things that the Lord was doing in our own lives. What a special time that was. Here we were experiencing this hurricane and had just come off of a very turbulent weather week and to hear my 7-year-old son stand before us and read the 23rd Psalm blessed my heart. Most of us can quote that Psalm because we learned it as children but to stop and dwell on those very words, just comforted my soul. I want you to take some time to stop and read this Psalm now:

Psalm 23 (KJV)

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

What comfort there is in God’s Word! I am so thankful that my children are living their lives knowing that God’s Word is their “go-to” book! I am thankful that they remind me to continually find my comfort there as well. As we had a time of worship together that day, we talked about how God is with us all the time and that there is nothing to fear because God is in control. The verse that I chose to focus on for the week was,

Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Wow! Thank you Lord Jesus for your promises! We stood, as a family, hand in hand, and prayed together that God would protect us and keep our hearts in line with his. We celebrated our God and his beautiful promises! He is our Shepherd!

As you go about your week, may you dwell on the promises in his Word! Gather your family and pray together, praising God for being the Great Shepherd who brings comfort. He will give us the strength to make it through the turbulent times and he will uphold us by his righteous right hand!

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment