I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

~ A Journey of Boldness ~

It's hard to believe that we are already two months in to 2013! Spring is just around the corner and before you know it, school will be out, summer will be here, and everyone will be complaining about how hot it is! Haha! It has definitely been going by quickly and for me, has been full of teachable moments from my Savior.

 "My confident hope is that I will in no way be ashamed but that with complete boldness, even now as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether I live or die."
Philippians 1:20 (NET)


At the end of 2012 I felt a strong leading from the Lord that I needed to be bolder this year. As a matter of fact, I chose the word "bold" as my one word for 2013. What I am learning is that being bold is not just about asserting myself in certain areas. In just these two short months I have come to learn that being bold is also about sitting back and letting God do his work, understanding that He is very capable of doing it without my help. Ouch! Now, let me say that I do not mean that I am trying to play "god" but sadly, I do admit, that I have often caught myself trying to speed up the process of what God was doing or trying to think ahead and get there before him. Yes, yes, I'm exposing my dirty laundry. Ugh! I have seen the picture and it is not pretty.

Part of this molding process that God is doing in my life can be painful but the end result will be this beautiful masterpiece that he has designed. A masterpiece that everyday he applies his precious hands to as he molds and shapes it into what he sees. Yes, it is necessary! I am a work in progress from the Master!

This word "bold" has taken on new meaning for me.

Has he called me to be bolder in sharing my faith? Yes!

Has he called me to take bold leaps of faith in his will when it didn't make sense? Yes!

Has he called me to be bolder in reading his Word and praying? Yes!

But what has taken me by surprise are the areas of boldness he has called me to that required me to be quiet and still before him. What I have experienced are times when being bold meant staying silent as God moved and worked his plan, being still before him as he spoke to my heart, and resting in the shadow of his wing. Wow! It has taken boldness on my part to do these things and I am grateful for a Father whose grace is sufficient! I am thankful that he never gives up on me and continually guides me with mercy and grace.

So, today I continue my journey in boldness. Lessons have been learned and many more to go but I travel on in the mighty hands of my God. I'm thankful for the journey and I'm thankful for his Word to guide me. I praise him for his never-ending love that encompasses my soul and keeps me safe and I go forth in confidence. He is the sculptor and I am the clay and not a day goes by without his hands sculpting and shaping my life into his beautiful work of art!

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment