I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, September 26, 2014

~ Finding Strength In God Alone ~


"But David found strength in the Lord his God."
1  Samuel 30:6b

There will always be some characters in the Bible who's stories just touch your heart in special ways. David is one of those for me.  David's life was definitely not without its mistakes and failures but he was also a man that God himself describes as a man after his own heart.   His life is one that has a lot we can learn from.

David became king at such a young age and is known immediately for his great courage in slaying the giant, Goliath. I was reading the through 1 Samuel this morning about his leadership as the Amalekites took captive all the wives and children of him and his people. They reach the land of Ziklag only to find it completely destroyed and their families are gone. They are all greatly distressed and scripture even notes in chapter 30, verse 4 that "David and his men wept aloud until they had no strength left to weep."  So here is David, trying to lead his men and has found out that all their families, including his own have been taken captive. He is distraught, but he still has to lead. Then his own men begin talking about killing David because they were blaming him for this tragedy.  David, in his own sorrow and feelings of inadequacies, could have just fallen to their schemes and died, but instead in verse 6 we see why he was a man after God's own heart,

 "David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God."
1 Samuel 30:6

He didn't let those that took blame on him stand in the way of completing the work God had before him.  He found his strength in his God and was able to lead his people through events that could have only been orchestrated by God himself. God led him straight to the Amalekites, destroyed them, and recovered everything that had been taken from them (verses 17-20).  The whole story is amazing and deserves time for you to read on your own.  Absolutely incredible how when we find our strength in God, he will equip us to do the work ahead, no matter how overwhelming it may seem.

O, how I needed this today! Nothing is impossible for my God!

Today, when you are weary and facing troubles that seem insurmountable, don't try and go it alone. There will be obstacles at every turn and people there to place blame on you because of their own hurt and feelings of bitterness.  Follow in the example of David and find strength in your God. Look to God for direction and don't yield to the enemy's lies. You were never meant to go it alone. Let God guide you through and be victorious in the fight against the enemy!

No comments:

Post a Comment