I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, January 18, 2013

~ Be Still and Know That He is God ~


Yesterday was one of those days that at the end of it, your brain hurts. Haha! Anyone else know what I'm talking about here? It wasn't a bad day at all, just one of those days that are intense mentally and spiritually as burdens are shared and lifted to the Father on behalf of many people, including myself. I even told a dear friend last night as we were messaging each other encouragement that I needed to spend some time in silence and just be still before the Lord. I needed him to fill me up. When my cup runs dry and I have nothing left, that is when I have to be still and listen to my Father as he fills me with his Spirit back to overflowing. I have to allow his Word to sink down deep in my soul and nourish me back to where he wants me to be. Oh, how I love my Father! Sweet, sweet, time with him!

This morning, I do as I always do preparing for my time with him and opened up my iPad to my Bible app. The verse of the day was no coincidence. Lol!

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalms 46:10 (NKJV)

God shared it with me this morning! He reminded me that he is God, and I am not, and that I need to be still and quiet. He will be exalted over all the earth! He is in full control and his glory shines brightly over this whole earth! I'm so thankful he paused for me this morning and lavished his love on me! He is AMAZING God and I'm so in love with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment