I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, January 17, 2013

~ Approaching Each Day ~


Well, I've been back in full swing for 2 days now and I do say, it has been great! It has been nice to be back among the living and non-sick and be thrust into the craziness that is reality. Lol! Though I'm very tired this morning and really would love to spend a couple more hours under the snuggly covers of my bed, I'm up and ready to face the day ahead! Every morning when our sleepy eyes awaken, we are given a choice. We can choose to either face the day with praise or we can choose to find the negative in everything around us. It is up to us how we approach this day.

I found this article several years ago and have posted it before but I really wanted to share it with you again. I don't know who wrote it but it speaks volumes. It is such an eye opener into how we look at each day we are blessed with. In uncertain and difficult times, we can be so tempted to complain the day away. But we are given the wonderful opportunity to choose happiness and joy! That is my choice and I hope will be yours too! I pray this blesses you today and encourages you to move forward in an attitude of praise, no matter what your circumstances are.

Approaching Each Day
By: Author Unknown

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don’t have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn’t give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new job relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to go to!

Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with knowledge and adventure.

Today I can dejectedly murmur because I have housework to do or I can feel grateful for shelter for my mind, body, and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped, and here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to me. And I shall decide what kind of day I shall have!

How will you live THIS DAY?

"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalms 118:24 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment