I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

~ Prepare For Battle ~


This morning I find myself needing to just put out a plea to all that will read this. 

The enemy is out to kill, steal, and destroy!

Did you get that? This is a serious matter and I have seen families and lives destroyed because of his evil schemes.  I am seeing lives in such turmoil because he is on the prowl. I spent so much time praying over women yesterday wounded and hurting because of his mission to destroy. I know this sounds heavy and not very encouraging for this early in the morning, but this is very real and requires the people of God to take a stand in the Word to fight!

Day in and day out, I hear my Christian friends talking about the newest movie they are going to see or book they are going to read. I hear them talk about all the events and extracurricular activities their children are involved in that keep them going from dawn till dusk. I hear about all the gripes and complaints that make no difference in eternity. But the one thing that I don’t hear enough of is how is their time with God. What has God shown them in the Word that will sustain them through the day? I don’t hear the excitement of engrossing themselves in the powerful Word of God and seeing how God works through their lives.  O, my heart is heavy this morning. God has given us activities, books, and movies to enjoy but when they take priority over our time with God then we have failed. Do we give God the priority in our lives? Take a minute and really ponder that question and answer honestly to your God.

It is time to GET INTO THE WORD! Listen to me! We are in battle and we need to fully arm ourselves in the power and strength of God Almighty. It is time to be more concerned with our spiritual lives than our social life. It is time to be more concerned with our children’s spiritual lives than their sports and academic lives. It is time to be more concerned with our covenant of marriage with our spouse than our own selfish desires.

God’s goal is NOT to make you happy dear friend. God’s goal is to make you HOLY!

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
1 Peter 1:13-16

Dear friends, I urge you today to set aside your earthly goals and set your mind on heavenly things. The enemy is at large, out to destroy. But the good news is that my God is bigger and He has given us everything we need to stand and stand STRONG! Amen!
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.”

Ephesians 6:10-18

Prepare for battle today! Get in the Word and lift the name of the Lord on high! That is how we will be successful and that is how the enemy will be defeated. Do not let the enemy get a foot in the door of your family or your life. Prepare your heart, your mind, your soul, and be alert! Rest in him today! Be victorious in him today!

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

2 comments: