I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

~ Taking Care of the Orphans ~


Adoption is something very near and dear to our hearts! It's been almost 6 years since we brought our precious Caleb home and imagining life any other way is just not possible. Adoption is an absolutely beautiful experience and many of my friends that have traveled the road of adoption would tell you the same thing. Is it an easy road? Most definitely not! But it is a journey like none other and the call to it will change your life!


Scripture is very clear on helping orphans. 

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27

God loves the orphan so much! His Word speaks to that very point!

“Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless."
Exodus 22:22-24 

"Leave your orphans; I will protect their lives. Your widows too can trust in me.” 
Jeremiah 49:11 

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:18 

We are to take care of the orphans! Many of us do that through sponsorship but there are those that travel the road toward taking in the orphans. Obeying the call of God in their lives to make these orphans part of their home. In God's divine providence, these orphans become orphans no more and belong to a family that will love them and care for them. God set the example for adoption! As I gave my life to Christ, he adopted me into his family. I am a child of the King! 

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will–"
Ephesians 1:4-5 

Yes! He set the example! Hallelujah! I have seen many, many children, including my precious Caleb, enter their forever families and what a beautiful sight it is! But, there are many orphans still waiting. 

A dear friend and her husband, Andrea and Dustin Bestul, have already adopted 3 beautiful children from Ethiopia into their family with 3 biological children. They truly are an amazing family! But God has called them yet again to open their hearts and home to more children through adoption. Their story is inspiring and blessed my heart so deeply. You see, they have been called to pursue the adoption of a sibling set who have been abandoned without a family in the Philippines. This sibling set has SEVEN children! Yes, you read that correctly! Seven beautiful children ages 4-14 are in need of a home and this dear family has obeyed the call of God to bring them ALL into their home! Amazing! If you do the math, that will be 13 children! Wow! I am in awe! 

What I'm asking from you today is to pray with me in helping this dear family follow in obedience the call of God to bring these children home. International adoption comes with great expense and we can help. We can obey God's Word in helping the orphans by giving to this family. One way that would be a tremendous help right now is by giving gift cards for a fundraiser that is taking place next month. This is a quarter auction and all the proceeds will go to this family's adoption expenses. What they need are donations for the auction. Our family is donating gift cards to be auctioned off and I'm asking that you pray as well about donating some gift cards. If you feel led to give in any other way please contact me and I will see to it that they get it.

I truly have been blessed by this family! This is a link to their family blog so you can read more about their love for God and call that has been placed on their hearts.


Please take some time and pray for them and see how you could be used in bringing these precious children into this home where they will be loved and taken care of! You will be blessed by this family as I have and I praise God for them! 

If you have any questions or want to donate, please contact me or the Bestul family. Pray for them and for those children that are waiting! I believe we are going to see God do a miraculous work and just think, we can be a part of it!

Have a blessed day~

No comments:

Post a Comment