I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, January 13, 2013

~ Audience of ONE ~



I sit here in my house alone on a Sunday morning. Well, not completely alone. My sweet golden retriever, Louie, is at my feet, where he often stays.  I was a little sad that I could not attend worship with my family this morning.  This flu virus has me at home for another two days.  I praise the Lord that I am feeling better and it took all that was in me not to get in that car with my family and head to church anyway but I am trying my hardest to heed the doctor’s (and others that have travelled the flu road before me) instructions and stay home until Tuesday. This flu virus is so widespread and nasty and the doctor was very adamant that I stay contained in my home until Tuesday. So here I sit.  Good thing I love my home!

Though I couldn’t attend worship at my usual place, SHBC, I was able to have my own worship service here.  This is not my typical choice for Sunday morning because I love being with the body of Christ.  God’s Word is clear in our need for worshiping together.

“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Hebrews 10:25

But today is different, special. Today, my worship is alone for an audience of ONE!  Oh, how sweet it is!  I love to be in the presence of my Savior, just him and I.  His Word open on my lap and my head bowed in reverence to his sovereignty.  As I read through scripture I can openly talk to him and share how his Word touches my heart.  As I pray, I can lift my hands and my voice as I’m in his presence alone.  As he speaks to me, not in an audible voice, but deep in my spirit, I bask in the quietness of the room but even more so in his glorious presence that is so overwhelming!  True worship for the ONE TRUE GOD!  Worship so sweet as my love for him grows deeper and deeper!  HE really is all that I need!  All for him, my God and King! 

“O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy. I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night. Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely.”
Psalm 63:1-8 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment