I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

~ I'M FREE ~


I'M FREE!

Well, today is the day I get to break free from the sick house and reenter civilization! I did exactly as the doctor ordered and stayed confined in my home (other than driving Callie to school and back) for 6 days. My family has returned to being around me and the "UNCLEAN" sign has been removed from my bedroom door! I have kicked out the flu and deemed him unwelcome! Woohoo! Now back to reality.......

Okay, that last sentence should have made me extremely excited but then the reality of reality made me take a deep breath. Haha! Back to work, back to chauffeuring children around, back to practices and ball games, back to planning and cooking, back to bill paying, back to organizing schedules, back to laundry, back to cleaning....back to life! One more deep breath and lots of prayer and I am READY!

Though the flu was unpleasant and extremely difficult, God still gave me so many blessings in the midst of it. He reminded me how absolutely wonderful my family is! My husband and kids stepped up and got things done when mom was down. Callie and Caleb got their school work done without being asked, Callie helped make dinners, Caleb folded laundry, Ben and Matt took care of the bigger projects and Louie, well, he stayed by my side at all times. They made me cards, prayed for me, brought me drinks, and made sure I took my medicine and had my tissue box. They are amazing and I praise God for them all!

I am also thankful for the extra time in God's Word! My body was weak but my spirit was empowered! Empowered with scriptures that nourished my soul and gave praise to my God! Encouraged with scriptures hope and healing! In my weakness HE is strong!

"Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NLT)

"I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."
Psalms 52:9 (NIV84)

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."
Psalms 62:5 (NIV84)

So, today I go back to the daily grind, but I do it with an attitude of praise! Praise for the wonderful opportunities in front of me! Opportunities to work alongside some beautiful sisters in Christ, opportunities to minister to precious preschoolers and their families, opportunities to serve my husband and children as the manager of our home, opportunities to be an encourager to those that are downhearted, opportunities to share the love of Christ in a lost and dying world! If that doesn't sound like excitement, then I don't know what does! It's all about HIM and I'm ready to go........

"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more."
Psalms 71:14 (NIV84)

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever."
Psalms 118:24, 28, 29 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment