I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

~ A New Walk of Faith ~


Well, today we begin a new journey! We have prepared and we have prayed and now we move forward in faith. Another faith walk in this family. Another call to say, "yes" to our God not knowing all the details and all the "how tos". Another call that demands complete focus and trust on the One who called us to it because the doubts and questions in our own minds and from others around us could hinder the work he set before us. A walk of faith not knowing how long this journey will last. Yes, faith!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

This morning my mind goes to those men of great faith in scripture; Abraham, Moses, Noah, Isaac, and Jacob. Men who were called by God to do a task but it didn't make sense to those around them. Men who said, "yes" to their God not knowing all the answers. Men who trusted their God and through their faithfulness, God did a tremendous work. God did amazing things through and among them because of their trust and faith. Today, I am thankful for their example. I am thankful God's Word to guide me through the unknown with the promise that He will never leave me and equip me to do the work in front of me. My dependence on God will never end! He is my Rock and to him I give my trust!

So today, Faith Christian Academy begins! A fitting name for the call on our family! We go forth in excitement and anticipation of all the beautiful things God will show us along the way! We praise him for the good and not-so-good days we will have and we trust in his unfailing love!

"For he loves us with unfailing love; the Lord ’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the Lord!"
Psalms 117:2 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment