I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

~ Bring on the New Year ~


If you would have told me one year ago today of all the changes that I would encounter during this past year such as, quitting my job at weight watchers, stepping down from the choir and praise and worship team, facilitating women's Bible studies and prayer groups, and homeschooling my kids, I would have thought you were absolutely out of your mind! But I sit here today, one year later, and I am the crazy one! Haha! Wow, the things that can happen in a year!

2012 will definitely be a year that I will never forget! It wasn't the easiest year, as a matter of fact; it was just downright hard! But it was also a year that brought such hope and healing into my life more than ever! It was a year of healing, not only physically, but also mentally and spiritually as well. It was a year of tremendous growth as God shaped and molded my heart closer to his. It was a year of utter surrender and release in closing chapters of my life as God placed new ones in front of me. It was a year of new friendships through the bond of our precious Jesus. It was a year of making a stand in what I truly believe. But more than all of that, it was a year of getting to know the heart of my Savior so deeply and intimately that nothing else mattered. Oh, how I fell in love with him!

As I gathered with my family last night in the last minutes of 2012, we prayed together and thanked our God for the amazing lessons we learned, the blessings we received, and his presence so evident in our lives through the year and we committed 2013 to him. We praised him for the journey in store. Although we don't know what that journey holds, we have confidence that he is in full control of it.

I enter 2013 knowing there is so much work to do. God is not finished with me and I move forward still in a place of surrender to do his will. I know he has called me to be bold this year. I am a woman who says, “yes” to my God and that requires boldness. Bold in speaking his truth, bold in sharing the gospel, bold in standing up for God's Word even if I'm standing alone, bold in stepping out in faith when he calls, and bold in holding to my Biblical convictions in a world that has lost all of its own.  It's not an easy word to stomach but a word that has been etched into my soul for the coming year.  BOLD, for HIM, for HIS glory! I will continue studying his Word for direction and lifting my requests and praises before his throne.

2013 is ALL about him! I go in excitement and anticipation for all that he has in store and I pray God’s richest blessings on you all!

“When I cried out for help, you answered me. You made me bold and energized me.”
Psalms 138:3 (NET)

“So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”
Hebrews 4:16 (NLT)

“The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the godly are as bold as lions.”
Proverbs 28:1 (NLT)

“Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.”
2 Corinthians 3:12 (NIV84)

“My confident hope is that I will in no way be ashamed but that with complete boldness, even now as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether I live or die.”
Philippians 1:20 (NET)

“Pray that I may be able to speak boldly as I ought to speak.”
Ephesians 6:20 (NET)

“Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.”
Ephesians 3:12 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment