I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, October 26, 2012

~ More of HIM, Less of Me ~


"He must become greater; I must become less."
John 3:30 (NIV84)

These eight little words speak so strongly to the depths of my soul this morning. My desire is to serve him all my life and bring honor and glory to his name. In order to do that, I have to put away my selfish wants and plans and seek his face every second. In my life, there is no room for two masters. I either choose to serve my flesh or I choose to make Christ my Master. I can choose to focus on things of this world or I can choose to focus on his beautiful face and see his glory revealed.

Today I choose Christ! Today I choose to put away my selfish wants and fill my heart with the things of Jesus! Today I move to the sidelines and let Christ be the Center! Today I want HIM to be so evident in me that I can barely see myself! All glory to you, LORD!

What would it take for God to be so recognizable in you that you barely recognize yourself?

"He must become more important while I become less important.”
John 3:30 (NET)


No comments:

Post a Comment