I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, October 21, 2012

~ Having a Heart and Mouth of Thanksgiving ~


I am so thankful to God for my life! I look around and feel so unworthy of all that he has blessed me with. Even now as I write this, I am sitting on my front porch with the cool night air looking across the beautiful fields that are white with cotton. I hear the sound of my daughter giggling as she jumps on the trampoline with her sweet friend next door, I hear my boys laughing in the back yard as they give our dog, Louie, a bath, and my amazing husband just peeked around the corner to surprise me with a rose off of our rose bush. I am a woman truly blessed!

There are many days when I catch myself wanting to gripe and complain about meaningless things. Things that make no difference in the grand scheme of life but my flesh gets down right ugly sometimes and I get into a pit of negative talk. I am usually a very upbeat and positive person, but, beware, I can find myself into a pit of complaint on occasion and believe me, it is not pretty. lol! But God's Word is clear on how I am supposed to use my mouth.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. (Ephesians 4:29 ESV)

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14 ESV)

He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity. (Proverbs 21:23 NIV84)

Tonight, as I sit and enjoy the blessings that God has given me, I asked God to forgive me for those times of griping and complaining.  I asked him to renew my mind and let the words of my mouth be pleasing to him.  This life is to short to complain when there is so much to be thankful for! I want to live a life of praise to my Savior and I cannot do that if I am swapping words of praise for words of complaint.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. (Psalm 136:1 NIV84)

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. (Psalm 63:3 NIV84)

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10 ESV)

Lord, I praise you tonight! You are worthy of every breath I have in me and so much more. When I look around and see your handiwork, my heart leaps for joy and I stand in awe of you. May I continue to see the blessings all around me and from my lips,  lift praise to you. Prompt my heart before I begin to utter complaint about meaningless things and renew my mind so that I can turn that complaint into a praise offering to you, Almighty God! I see your glory all around me, I feel your love so deeply, and your mercy is abounding with grace. I love you, Abba Father, and I exalt your Holy name!

No comments:

Post a Comment