I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, October 13, 2012

~ My Backyard ~


"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." 
Psalm 69:30 NIV84

It has been an absolutely beautiful day! I love this time of year! Tonight I chose to come sit outside on my back porch to read some scripture and thank God for all his bountiful blessings. He truly is a wonderful Creator! The weather is perfect and the sounds of nature fill the neighborhood. I am so grateful for all this amazing creation he has given us to enjoy. 

I love my backyard! Not just because of it's perfect size but because of all the great times our family has out here. I love watching my kids play soccer with their dad, I love planting our family garden with my husband and getting nourishment from its harvest, I love playing a game of badminton as these parents smoke their children, I love watching our crazy dog retrieve his ball from the gazebo shelves as the kids try to hide it from him, I love seeing my son and his dad as they work together keeping up the yard, I love watching Caleb do his sword moves that he is so proud of, I love watching Callie pull Caleb around in a little red wagon as fast as she can, I  love sitting with each of my children as we study God's Word together, and I love having family dinners on our patio table. It is, by far, the most perfect back yard ever!
My backyard!

Tonight, I thank God for granting us this place as a respite from the stresses of the world and to enjoy each other in  his creation. You see, to anyone else this is just a backyard, but to me it is a place of family laughter and fun, a place of family bonding, and a place of beautiful family memories that will last a lifetime. It is our backyard and I thank you, God! 






No comments:

Post a Comment