I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, October 4, 2012

~ The Blessing of Marriage ~

I've mentioned here before about my special little getaway I frequent in the timeframe after work and before the kids get out of school. I began going there a little over a year ago to spend extra time with the Lord during a challenging season of my life but I fell so in love with that additional time that I continue to steal away moments with God in that special place.  

Over the last several months I've noticed an older couple that comes in at the same time every day that I am there. Now, I don't get the opportunity to go every day, but on the days I am there, this couple comes in at 2:15 like clockwork. She gets two biscotti and coffee and he gets coffee and a different variation of desserts. They sit and talk as they eat their goodies and then after about 15 minutes they leave.  Now, I know what you are thinking and NO, I am not stalking them. Haha! They just draw my attention because of their consistency to enjoy a coffee date together everyday.

Well, yesterday, I decided to go and talk to them. I wanted them to know what a blessing they are to me. I kindly interrupted their sweet date and explained how they have blessed me by their attention to their relationship. They were so kind to share with me that they have been married for 55 years and that even though that coffee house is many miles from their home and there are others closer, they enjoy coming to that one because of the nice people and atmosphere. After all those married years together, they still enjoy getting out for special moments every day together. They encouraged me, as I shared that I have been married to my amazing husband for 20 years, to continue on and spend time together. How inspiring!!

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” 
Genesis 2:18

God prompted my heart to share encouragement with that beautiful couple yesterday but I was the one that was blessed. In a world where marriage is taken for granted and divorce is seen as the next step after marriage, I was encouraged to know that there are still those that see marriage as a blessing from God and till death it parts! I look forward to the day that I can frequent my special little coffee house with my hubby after 55 years of marriage, still holding hands, still as if we were on our first date, still in love, and most importantly, with God still at the center! 

I praise God for that precious couple, for my wonderful husband, and the blessing of marriage!  

“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”
Mark 10:6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment