I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

~ Good Morning ~


I am a morning person. Now, I usually don’t just pop out of bed singing, but give me about five minutes and I do love to sing a good happy song. This comes as a great deal of annoyance to my wonderful husband who is the complete opposite of me and finds his burst of energy in the late evening hours. I even love to wake my children up in the morning with a song about the sunshine or a little made up “diddy” that burst into those crazy parts of my morning brain. Yes, yes, I know you are all thinking about how relieved you are that I am not in your home at the crack of dawn singing happy tunes. Haha!

I do have to admit this morning was a little harder for me to get out of the bed. When Matt goes out of town, that first night takes me longer to go to sleep. I guess the normalcy of him being up and me falling asleep as the sun sets just gets thrown out of whack and it takes longer to rest my brain. So this morning when my alarm went off at 4:45 and my first eager toe peeked out from under the covers and realized it was cold, all the bodily instincts said to pull more covers on and push snooze. So I went with those instincts as I pushed snooze four times.  But all comfy warmth came to an end as reality of school bells and time clocks set in and I braved the cool temperatures and pressed on.

I am thankful the Lord woke me up today! I am thankful he allowed me breath to praise him today! I am thankful that even in my sleepy state he is there waiting to spend time with me! I am thankful that HE IS!

“In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my request before you and wait in expectation.”
Psalm 5:3

At night as I lay my head down, I look forward to my morning rendezvous with my Jesus!  Our time together is precious and is set-aside for just us! After a couple of trying days my time with him is even more important. It is not an option for me. It is a necessity! I have complete confidence in his love and guidance. I can lift up my soul to him and trust him to set me on the straight and narrow path. He is the breath of my soul, the light in my darkness, the beat of my heart, and joy of my life!

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.”
Psalm 143:8

So, I say to you all, Good Morning! Let him guide your way and let his light shine through you today and give him praise! He is worthy of all we have and so much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment