I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, October 8, 2012

~ Faith That Can Move Mountains ~


He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20

I spent another weekend in Virginia surrounded by beautiful mountains. I really could get used to that! Lol! I had the opportunity to attend a women's conference with my boss, who is also a dear friend and mentor, and at the last minute my mom joined us.  We listened as women shared a message God laid on their hearts and worshipped together as we sang praises to our Lord! It was truly a blessing and we were challenged in the Word.

So many times I would just stand outside and awe at the mountains that surrounded us. Those big majestic mountains,  that God created, standing before me took my breath away. God, in all his glory, spoke those mountains into being and there I was, relishing the beauty and splendor of my Creator.

I was reminded of this verse in Matthew as Jesus had just rebuked the demon out of the boy and the disciples asked him why they were not able to heal the child. Jesus replied to them that they lacked in their faith.  He said if they had faith as small as a mustard seed, then they could move mountains. Well,a mustard seed is extremely small as I have seen. It is about 1 to 2 mm in diameter and Jesus is saying that if their faith was as small as that, then they could have moved a mountain. Now, here I was surrounded by huge mountains as I was remembering this verse and I will say that it seemed impossible to move a mountain. But Jesus said that if we had faith, that nothing would be impossible. You see, Jesus had given the disciples his power and authority to do the work but they let their faith slip. They began neglecting their time in prayer (Mark 9:29) and when times of crisis came, they were too weak and unprepared for the task.

How many times today do we find ourselves in the same predicament? We find ourselves in times of crisis but because of our neglect in our prayer life and over emphasis on self, we feel powerless. Our faith has been weakened because we have not been in the Word and we have not been spending time with our God in prayer and it seems impossible.

What are you facing today that seems impossible? My friend, get on your knees before our Holy God and spend time with him.  Open his Word and get nourished and prepared. God wants to move mountains through your faith in him but you first have to KNOW him.  Don't let the busyness of life get in the way of your relationship with God. Just as the mustard seed is small and needs to be cultivated to grow, so does our faith in Christ.  He will honor our faith as small as this mustard seed but we need to be disciplined in his Word and in prayer to cultivate it and see it grow. What amazing things God will do!

Have faith today!

No comments:

Post a Comment