I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

~ The Lord Is My Portion ~


“The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3:24 (NIV84)

Well, it's Monday morning again. For many of you just waking up or heading out the door, the reality that it's already Monday morning again comes like a punch in the gut. Lol! The weekend always seems to go by too quickly and we are back in the busyness of the school/work week.

This morning as I woke up, I could feel in my spirit that there are many of you struggling this morning. Not just the Monday morning blues, but a deeper burden of the weight of the world on your shoulders. Waking up for you today was extremely difficult because of the things you have to face today. Well, my dear friend, I have prayed for you today! If you feel like there is no one that understands or that no one cares, please know that I do and I have lifted those burdens up your Heavenly Father. He understands all your hurt and wants to take that burden for you. His Word tells us,

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7 (NIV84)

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."
Psalm 55:22 (NIV84)

Such sweet assurance from his Word this morning!  He cares for you, he will sustain you, and he will never let you fall! Hallelujah!
Friends, whatever you may be facing this day, give it to God. Let him take this weight and allow him to sustain you. There is nothing sweeter than to unload a heavy weight and fall into the arms of the One who gave his life for you! He is everything we need! He is our portion!

This passage of scripture in Lamentations has been such a salve to the wounds of my hurting soul on many occasions and today I want you to use it on your gaping wounds and allow God to bring healing.

"my soul is downcast within me.  Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”  The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:20-26 (NIV84)

Today you have hope and today his mercies are new! He is your portion and will give you everything you need!

Find rest in him, dear friends. You are loved and  you are prayed for this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment