I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, October 22, 2012

~ Steadfast and Immovable ~


"Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord's work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:58 (HCSB)

Doing the Lord's work is not always easy. Now, I know you are probably thinking, "this is supposed to be an encouraging devotion this morning?" Well, anytime the Lord prompts my heart with a passage of scripture at 5:00 in the morning, then I know I will either be convicted or encouraged and in most cases, both! I love this version of scripture here! Paul is urging us to keep on in the Lord's work. Knowing that it is not always the easiest things to do, but he is very specific here when he says to be steadfast (firm), immovable, always excelling in the Lord's work because all that we labor for HIM is not useless.

What an encouragement to me this morning! The Lord has called me to a new task for his glory! A task that I am still completely walking by faith as I see his plan unfold. This new work comes with prayer and discernment, utter abandon in my obedience, closing chapters of my life that mean so much, deep study of the Word, and perseverance to see His work be done. I will be honest that on this faith walk, I have been tempted to "not hear" some of the things God has called me to. Thinking that maybe if I "don't hear it" then I don't have to do it. O, yes, yes, that is terrible, I know. But believe me, that doesn't work. God knows my heart and mind and pulls me back to him to be obedient. That's where I am today!

You and I have been called to do a mighty work for the Lord. Whether you believe it or not, just read the pages of scripture and you will KNOW that God is calling us all to do his work. So, what are you going to do with that? Are you going to sit back and pretend to "not hear" like I tried,  or are you going to press on in his work for HIS glory and honor? I am going to press on! I am going to give my all, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling for the work of the Lord! It may require walking by faith and not by sight but as he reveals his plan, we will see his glory and witness others join his kingdom!

So what are you waiting for? It's Monday morning! Press on and give HIM your ALL today!


ALL FOR YOU, LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment