I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, October 18, 2012

~ Power Through With God ~


Wendesday’s can be exhausting for me! Don’t get me wrong; it is not a burden at all! It is the kind of exhausting that when my head hits the pillow, I know my day was a blessing. I begin my Wednesday very early at 5:00 with time in the Word for strength and nourishment, then I get to enjoy the morning breakfast and ride to school with three fabulous children (mine!), then I go to work and have devotions with the staff at preschool and spend the next four hours ministering to 180 preschoolers and their families, then comes cheer practice with 14 amazing middle school girls, then dinner with my mom and sisters, then Bible study with 30 beautiful sisters in Christ, then, some weeks,  praise team rehearsal for the worship service on Sunday morning. After ALL that, I ride home with very sleepy children and the sight of my bed and pajamas brings a tear of joy to my eyes! I lay my head down around 11:30 and thank God for the blessings and honor of serving him!

When I wake up on Thursday morning, I have to splash a little more water on my face than normal but I know that as I begin my time with God, He will give me the strength to power through the day. His Word is strength and His Word is power. So I face today in the power of my God ready to do his will. Though, physically, I am tired and cannot wait to come home later today and put my pj's on, right now, I look forward to the opportunities all around me to serve him.

What are you facing today? Does your Wednesday sound a lot like mine with activities at every second? Do you wake up on Thursday leaving your bed unmade with your pajamas laid out ready to return to them as quickly as you can? Well, my friend, I understand and today we will power through together and encourage one another in the Word.  Let me be the first to encourage you today!

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:1-2

Run the race today dear friends! Run with perseverance and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus! He will give you the strength you need to make it through the day and you can look forward to your time of rest tonight! You have been prayed for today! Go and serve the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment