I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, October 5, 2012

~ Extraordinary Women ~


"Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." 
Proverbs 31:29

What does it mean to be an extraordinary woman? Well, I think we can all think of many things that would make a woman extraordinary here on this earth. If we really look closely, it will be things with a godly intent. Things that when our Heavenly Father looks at them he will smile and say "she is extraordinary"! She is in love with her Jesus, she is humble in spirit, she puts others before herself, she displays the joy of the Lord, she seeks God's face in all she does, she mentors other women to seek the Lord, she walks the talk! Wow! Those are just some of the characteristics of being an extraordinary woman. 


On this journey of life, I seek to be an extraordinary woman. Not in the ways of the world but in the eyes of God! There is so much too learn and there are so many areas that I pray God continues to mold and shape me. Now, I KNOW that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! My God made me in his image and I am HIS child, praise God! But I want to bring him honor and glory with my life. Daily I seek his face and continue to walk in his ways even though I mess up frequently. I am not perfect, shew! I am definitely a work in progress but I long to do extraordinary things for him! To be the extraordinary woman He made me to be! 

Today, I hit the road again to attend a conference called Extraordinary Women! Thousands of women gathered to hear the message of Christ as we seek his will for our lives! I have the awesome privilege of attending this conference with two extraordinary women in my life. My mom and my dear friend, Jewell. Both of these women exemplify such beautiful characteristics of Christ. They have weathered many storms in their lives and continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus to all they encounter. I have learned so much from these amazing women of God and I am honored to spend the weekend with them as we worship and praise the Lord together. 

There is nothing greater in this world than to serve the Lord! I will continue to grow in Christ through his Word. I will continue to seek his face. I will follow godly examples of those before me. I will strive to do extraordinary things for my God because HE is so worthy! I praise him for the opportunities to grow and serve! Look for them, seek them! Be extraordinary for God! It's ALL about him!

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment