I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

~ The Lord Our Strength ~


"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."
Psalm 105:4


I woke up this morning still with burden on my heart but also encouragement. That may sound a little strange but I came home from a very intense Bible study last night where there were some things that really came forth. We had a time of prayer over a dear sister during a season of heartache in her life and then to find my precious son facing his own battles was just another weight on my soul. So, I have such a burden on my heart for both of these but yet also have had such great encouragement from God's Word and other dear Christian friends.

Many times over the last few months, I have seen people afraid to ask for prayer. People feel as though it's a burden on others and don't feel worthy to admit they have a struggle. Oh, dear friends, it's okay to ask for prayer! It's okay to admit when you don't have it altogether and you need Gods help! Take it from me....I DO NOT have it all together! I am a mess! Haha! But I praise my God for loving me and desiring to touch my mess and turn it into a beautiful message that can be used for his glory! Amen!

No matter where you are in your walk today, please know that you can ask for prayer. We have weaknesses and need that vital part of prayer and encouragement in our lives. I have had so many special people in my life that have prayed over me and encouraged me in the Word. It is vitally important! There is no shame in asking for prayer. What a blessing it was to pray over that sweet sister in Christ and then to come home and pray over my son. I wish I could take their pain away, but that is our God's job to fill the cracked pots of our lives. We get the honor and privilege to pray and encourage others in the Word.

God will, in his time, bring us through those difficulties as he strengthens us along the way. I am living proof of that! The journey is hard but the destination will be so much sweeter as we walk in His steps. We just have to keep seeking his face and find our strength in him.

As you go about your day and find times of struggle, I want to encourage you to stop and ask for prayer. Call, text, email or find that friend and ask them to pray over you. Prayer is such a powerful weapon in our arsenal against the enemy! If you don't know who to ask, Please ask me. I would be honored to pray over you! I know the power of prayer to our amazing God and you can too! We are in difficult times and we need to stay encouraged in His Word and on our knees seeking His face!

Blessings to you this day ~

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.  Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."
Psalm 105:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment