I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Home Sweet Home


Lord, today I thank you for my home! I thank you for the happiness that I find here and for the comfort it brings when I drive in my driveway. I thank you for the voices I hear as I walk from room to room, my husband and precious children. I thank you for the rest that my soul finds here as I break away from the world.  I thank you for the reminders of sweet life that dwell here as I see the nicks on the wall and markers of my children's growth on the doorframe. I thank you for the dinners around our family table where memories are shared and days are hashed out. I thank you for our beds that comfort our weary bodies at night. I thank you for our living room where we welcome guests, have family worship time, and do life. I thank you for my kitchen where many memories are shared like cooking meals, heart-to-heart talks, sweet embraces from my husband, and random dance parties with the family. I thank you for our little schoolroom where I get the honor of teaching my kids and watching them learn. I thank you for my laundry room to clean the clothes that we do life in. I thank you for my front door where I watch my husband pull in the driveway from work and welcome him with a hug and kiss. I thank you for our backyard where I watch my kids play ball and our crazy dog run around. I thank you for my front porch where I spend those weekend and summer mornings in your Word and watch the deer across the field. I thank you for our garage where my husband and son do chores with K-LOVE blaring in the background. I thank you for bathrooms where we can shower and brush our teeth.  I thank you for each bedroom and the rest and comfort there. I thank you for the stairwell, top and bottom, where hugs and “I love yous” are shared with each family member.  I thank you for your Word that covers each wall whether by framed print or by handwritten notes.  I thank you for each nook and cranny because it is where precious life is done.

Lord, I thank you for this home…our home! It may not be perfect because it inhabits imperfect people and it may not be perfectly clean but it is HOME. It is the place our family dwells and life lessons are learned. It is the place where we cry together, laugh together, pray together, and grow together. It is the place where you have blessed us immensely and, today Lord, I want to give YOU praise for it all!

“But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15b














HOME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment