I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last Day of Vacation


Well, today is our last full day of vacation. Tomorrow we will pack up the car and head back to our homestead in NC with hearts full and refreshed. As everyone on the last day of vacation, I am sad to see it end. It has been a wonderful time of God and family, which is just what I had hoped for. I know Ben will be glad to get back to his sweet girlfriend and Callie back to being silly with her cousin Sharon but I’m thankful they have had a great time here and didn’t even complain when the Wi-Fi signals would crash. Lol! O, what a different age we live in. Matt and I pained them through stories of our vacations growing up when there were no smart phones, only dumb phones that you actually had to pay for a long-distance call. There was also no FaceTime or texting. Yes, we lived in the “dark ages” or so they think. Ha! But we survived to tell about it and it didn’t kill us.

This wasn’t a fancy vacation. It was just getting away from the fast-paced routine of our lives for 8 days and slowing down in the beauty of God’s creation. We cooked every meal, except one, and did laundry just as we would at home. It has been the simplest and cheapest vacation we’ve taken. Ha! Which was a blessing because just like everyone else, money doesn’t flow freely (especially this year! Lol!). We are definitely thankful for this timeshare we invested in 16 years ago! J

Today’s agenda consists of cooking my family a big breakfast and lounging around until our time on the lake. Then we will head to the pool for our last afternoon and  grill out one last time tonight on our back deck overlooking the woods as we watch the deer run by and our cute little bunny we have seen almost everyday. We will do some laundry so we can arrive home without the dreaded piles of “vacation laundry”. And of course, I will visit my little chapel again tonight and spend some time at the feet of my Jesus and in prayer and thank him again for the blessing of family, the power of prayer, this time of rest, and praise him for ALL He is to me!

So, today is the last day…and it is going to be GREAT!

"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."

Psalm 118:24



No comments:

Post a Comment