I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, November 16, 2012

~ Be Careful Little Eyes What You See ~

For months I have been deeply concerned with the many books and movies that our world is producing and even Christians are considering as "just entertainment". I know my view is not popular and may even spark some controversy. But I, in no way, will ever believe that books and movies that deal with vampires, witchcraft, zombies, and demons will ever be considered "just entertainment". We, as Christians, have to wake up to the fact that Satan is using "entertainment" as a way to deceive our minds and I believe it grieves the heart of God. I pray that we put God in the forefront and be careful as to what we think is harmless. 

I saw this sermon by Mark Driscoll and he really brings this situation to light. We are in a day when we need to saturate our thoughts with the Word of God and seek him wholeheartedly. We need to guide our children to the truths of God's Word and not the ways of man. It's time to take a stand, and our family, will stand for Christ! 

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things."Philippians 4:8 (NIV84)

“Everything is permissible”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible”–but not everything is constructive." 1 Corinthians  10:23 (NIV84)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHl0MK_ZdY&sns=em

No comments:

Post a Comment